On 20 Mar 2012, at 23:43, peter green wrote:

I attatch a patch which adds support for armhf to freepascal.

Thanks!

Armhf reffers to arm with the VFP hardfloat variant of EABI. The defaults are setup to
be suitable for debian armhf (armv7 vfpv3_d16).

Are they Debian-specific? Adding distribution-specific settings to the compiler is something that should be very much avoided.

Some other remarks:
* please split unrelated parts into separate patches (such as making the internalerror in ninl.pas unique) * please create bug reports for those individual patches and attach them there, it makes them easier to track than on a mailing list * some stylistic remarks (there may be more, I just quickly glanced over the patch):

+ if ((target_info.abi=abi_eabi) or (target_info.abi=abi_eabihf)) and

-> change into an in-statement (and as mentioned before, please do not put multiple if-conditions on the same line except if they are really short like two boolean variables)

+ if target_info.abi = abi_eabihf then def_system_macro('FPC_ABI_EABI');

-> Put the then-part on a separate line

+    end else begin

-> this should be

  end