On 24/12/2012 12:17, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
too. So if somebody implements non ASCII identifiers because he needs a
second source Delphi compiler it will be merged because the addition does not
break existing code. I assume utf-8 identifiers would not be very difficult
to do in compiler.
But what will the rule be as to whether something's a valid identifier?
Will it have to start with something known to be a letter, or something
not known to be a digit or reserved character?
Afaik the latter. You specify what is not allowed rather than which are
allowed.

Hm that makes it easy to have an incomplete list, that could later become a problem

half-width spaces etc..., control chars (RTL/LTR...), currently unused codepoints (that could become anything in future...)