On 07.12.2016 11:31, Maciej Izak wrote:
>     Okay then, maybe I'll manage that this week (no promise though ;) ).
>     I personally think that removing TRttiContext for now is the better
>     choice, so people will know not to use it while they might expect valid
>     values in the other case...
>

> I am waiting :P. Sure, feel free to remove TRttiContext. IMO almost
> empty TRttiContext has not many sense yet.

So, the unit is committed. If you extend it, please also extend the
FPCUnit test in $fpcdir/packages/rtl-objpas/tests/tests.rtti.pas.

You can compile it like this after a "make all" at the toplevel:

./compiler/ppcx64 -n -Furtl/units/x86_64-linux -viwn -FEwhatever
-Fupackages/fcl-fpcunit/units/x86_64-linux
-Fupackages/rtl-objpas/units/x86_64-linux
-Fupackages/fcl-base/units/x86_64-linux
./packages/rtl-objpas/tests/testrunner.rtlobjpas.pp

And then you simply execute the resulting testrunner.rtlobjpas binary.
It will print its results on StdOut.

Also when you have extended the unit and provide your changes: please
use baby steps, not one big patch to rule them all ;)