Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Running the file utility on one of the object files shows that the
> assembler did not generate 32-bit code. So, at least a hotfix here
> would be to pass "-m32" to the assembler.

That is easy to add, see in compiler/sparc/cpugas.pas, MakeCmdLine method,
which works from the templates at the bottom of the same file. However,
this always asks the question, what would happen with other platforms,
like does this -m32 change breaks 32bit SPARC and/or some distros/older
versions of binutils? Otherwise I can add it permanently, it's no biggie.

You can also try to add the OPT="-ao-m32"  option to the build to see if
that indeed works (or CROSSOPT="-ao-m32" in case of crossbuilds).

Charlie