Am 10.03.2019 um 11:43 schrieb Anton Shepelev:
Michael Van Canneyt to Anton Shepelev:

Thank you, but how do I translate the return value of
GetLastOSError into a value of InOutRes?  The
translation functions are privately implemented in
sysos.inc .
You can copy them. It is open source, after all.
Which brings us back to the initial problem of having to
write conditionally compiled code for something that
FreePascal already implements internally in a cross-platform
manner.

Since we already have cross-platform functions FileRead and
FileWrite, would not it be useful to have them set the
InOutRes variable, or to publish a facility for converting
the value of GetLastOSError into an InOutRes value?
The usage of InOutRes is only defined for the Pascal style file I/O (Read/Write).