>> Really ?
>> I wonder what kind of code you write to make this 'super buggy' statement.
>>
>> I myself write lots of code, and never encountered an issue.
>> But then, I normally don't use dubious constructs to begin with.

> In fact, we already have several bug reports related to overloading/generics.
>
> See
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=27690
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30776
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28824

Some more non-generic-related ones, just ones I can remember right now:
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31215 (don't mind the symptom, the cause
is a typeconv issue)

What bugs me most is how one small fix (such as r42042) breaks other things that
should be orthogonal but are not.

All because there are at least four partially recursive resolution methods
following slightly different rules, all for the same question "given the passed
argument defs, what is the path of least conversion to something of matching
name in the current symtable?".
But yeah, that's just core having a different opinion of code duplication than
I do.

Martok