> On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:50 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel
> <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I don't see a need to add management operators to objects. Objects have
> constructors and destructors, so they don't need Initialize and Finalize
> operators and they have a defined assignment operation. Just leave the poor,
> old objects alone.

It’s not about objects as much as record inheritance (which as I was told will
not be happening). I don’t see why Pascal got left out of this one particular
thing but since we’ve always had objects it only makes sense to keep them up to
date. Not sure why there would be any resistance to this. Making a mode switch
for “advanced objects” seems sensible enough to me (unless you want to make a
whole new keyworld like “struct” or something).

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph