Am 16.12.2019 um 23:08 schrieb Marco van de Voort:

Op 2019-11-21 om 22:56 schreef Sven Barth via fpc-devel:
In the meantime I've managed to fix the dynamic package support that had experienced a bit of bit rot in the last years. Though I've currently only tested Win32 and Win64 (x86_64-linux as well as *-darwin *should* work as well). And as before only compile time packages are supported.

(I noticed I hadn't replied to this msg).  Indeed quite sizable. I also don't like the subdivision in many packages.

It's to simplyfy our maintenance effort: If we simply can use the packages as they are in our directory structure we have less work to do. And *that* trumps every other argument in my opinion. We won't ever be Delphi compatible there anyway.

Could it be that still simply too many symbols are exported ?
Maybe. Maybe the compiler could also try to optimize harder inside the packages. Also I have compiled with no optimizations enabled, so that might count as well...

Anyway: For the first iteration it's better if too many symbols are exported than too less. Cause in the later case it simply won't work... Things can be further improved in the future.