On Fri, 11 Sep 2020, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

Thank you very much for the patch.
I will look at this ASAP.

Hi Michael,

 The OpenSSL library loading code still has the potential to load
mismatched library versions.  Did you get a chance to review the patch
I sent?

Not yet, I'm currently very busy.

The patch is invasive so I need some time to check this, meaning it will be for next weekend (not tomorrow, but next week).

I made some time for this, it's checked in with revision 46987.

Note that this revision also enables support for LibreSSL (or whatever it is
called) versions on linux/mac systems.

Thank you for your patch, and I'm sorry that it took me so long to get to it...