Op 2021-03-27 om 19:11 schreef Martin Frb via fpc-devel:
On 27/03/2021 18:55, Marco van de Voort via fpc-devel wrote:

Op 2021-03-27 om 18:38 schreef Martin via fpc-devel:
On Linux I can do
fpc -oTestäあProg  MyProg.pas

On Windows the Japanese char does not seem to be possible?

Did you select a 1-byte Japanese encoding on Windows?

Probably not. I try to have my German ä and the Japanese char, both in the name at the same time. (And maybe add some Arabic too).

So then you don't just want Japanese chars, you want full unicode, and preferably as one byte system. Do you know lazarus ? ( :-) ). Try to build the compiler in lazarus with the default utf8 code set in the resources screen, and then rebuild in a "cmd /w" prompt.

Disclaimer: all from theory, I never tried. Requires Win10 1905+