On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 8:15 PM Yuriy Sydorov via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> On 64bit Windows system32 contains only 64 bit system files. syswow64
> contains only 32 bit files and is seen as system32 for 32 bit apps. For
> some reason you have the 64 bit dll in the 32 bit syswow64 folder. You need
> to move this dll to the proper folder (system32).

Easier said then done.
I can do nothing with that file. It's locked by the OS.

Also, won't that then give the same build error, but now with x86_64
(since obviously it is the wrong common.dll), because no matter with
which %PATH% I try to build fpc, it WILL find the dll in
c:\windows\system32.

--
Bart