Would you approve something like this, Jonas?  I admit it's not properly tested yet, but I'm descending from TLinkedListItem (and the descendant class can itself be descended from) and the TAOptObj class handles allocation and cleanup of extra information.  I'm not sure how practical it is, but I'm taking advantage of the linked list system by allowing tai objects to have more than one extra information object associated with it.

https://gitlab.com/CuriousKit/optimisations/-/compare/main...opt-info-list?from_project_id=29565238

I hope you can view it!

It might be worth changing the defintion of optinfo from Pointer to TExtraOptInfo (the TLinkedListItem descendant), but I don't know if this may break something that's already present.

One thing I did miss was a "typ" field for TExtraOptInfo so you can look up to see what kind of object it is without relying on ClassType etc, but I don't know where and how to define such an enumeration because the different types would be platform-dependent.  All I can think of currently is an include file for each platform, which comes with its own problems.

Gareth aka. Kit