On 2023-08-30 17:12, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
On 30.08.2023 17:04, Tomas Hajny via fpc-devel wrote:

(only sent to Ondrej instead of the list by mistake, resending it to the list now)

 .
 .
Interesting, but it doesn't change anything on the fact that my result is different (and correct) and I don't think that my configuration is special in any way...

Yes, it is strange. Mattias and Zeljko have the same output like me
(Zeljko wrote about it in the Lazarusdev mailing list). So, currently
you are the only one with different result from a group of 4 people
involved in the same test :)

I'm the only one of those 4 not involved in Lazarus. ;-) On the other hand, I wasn't involved in the base RTL codepage handling implementation for Windows at all, i.e. it isn't like that I implemented something in a way only working correctly on my configuration or so.

Could you please change my test program sent earlier by changing "WriteLn (GetConsoleCP);" to "WriteLn (GetConsoleOutputCP);" recompile and check output of that one (GetConsoleCP is not useful in this context, that was my fault :-( ) - just in case?

GetConsoleOutputCP = GetConsoleCP = 850 on my system.

OK. Please, test it also the way I suggested earlier, i.e. from within Lazarus by pretending that it's the compiler (Mattias already wrote that he ran the program from command line, but I'd like to make sure that there's no difference triggered by Lazarus when running the compiler from it).

Tomas