Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 1:56 AM
From: "Fred vS via fpc-devel" <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org>
> @ Rob:
>> #!/bin/sh
>> COMPILER=fpc
>> make clean
>> make all FPC=$COMPILER OPT="-Fl/usr/local/lib"
>> make FPC=$COMPILER install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/

>> this script, according to Fred vS, rebuilds: FPC, the FPC RTL, and the
>> Lazarus LCL.

> Hum, if I may, I never said that this script will rebuild Lazarus LCL, it
> will only rebuild FPC and RTL.

my bad - Fred is entirely correct, i got confused about who told me the script
would rebuild the LCL. over the course of the past few months hundreds of
emails have been exchanged with people from all over the place, and in this
case i lost track of who said what! my apologies, Fred.

btw, if any of the fpc-developers are interested, see the below posting for
details of the patch:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,64731.msg494276.html#msg494276

cheers,
rob   :-)