On 8/24/2016 8:29 AM, brian wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 05:12:54 -0700, you wrote:

On 8/24/2016 1:04 AM, brian wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:40:06 +0800, you wrote:

It should maybe be noted that this download apparently requires that
you have Windows 10?
Negative. I downloaded and installed it just fine on Windows 8.1/64...

Interesting. When you enter your details and get the download link, it
very clearly says that it needs the .NET from Windows 10 to run. You
downloaded and installed it, have you actually done anything with it?

Compiled a couple of the examples, though, as stated in the specs for the Starter version, the database examples won't compile as the packages therefor are not included. I downloaded and installed it mainly to see what has changed since Delphi 2006, the last version that I owned and used through my previous company. FWIW, I do have .Net 4.61 on my Windows 8.1 machine (the very laptop I am typing this on), which is my everyday workhorse and I made the conscious decision not to upgrade this one to Windows 10.

For "real" work these days, I am trying to use FreePascal/Lazarus, as I need to be able to create cross-platform apps including Linux and Mac OS X...

Ralf

PS: I got around to install this on a Windows 7/64 Ultimate test machine and it is working there as well, though for some strange reason, it did not set the file associations properly during install and I had to fix that manually in the Options menu

---