> > That is often called delegation, and if you search for java and delegation,
> > it seems not (which is not THAT surprising IMHO):
>
> Thanks Marco. So it is actually similar to Object Pascal where you use
> object composition, but with Object Pascal's "implements" keyboard the
> interface is automatic in the new class's interface. Where-as with Java
> you have to define the interface and then delegate the calls to the
> composition object. I'm sure Eclipse must have that code-generation
> functionality built-in or an add-on that can do that.
>
> So Object Pascal is just a bit more convenient, but the end-result
> (functionality) is the same in.

Well, with Pascal's syntax you could link through VMT fragments, without
actually bouncing through additional code.

And you don't risk forgetting adding a method to existing classes if you add
one to the interface, always a risk with manual workarounds like the
codegeneration tools that assume everything is designed at once top-down and
only then implemented.