On Sun, 30 Apr 2023, Bernd Oppolzer via fpc-other wrote:

Am 29.04.2023 um 19:48 schrieb geneb via fpc-other:
On Sat, 29 Apr 2023, Bernd Oppolzer via fpc-other wrote:

This may be slightly off-topic, but I can tell you some facts about my Stanford Pascal compiler,
which runs

- native on z Mainframe machines (which may count as a RISC machine, given the instruction set used)
- emulated by Hercules, which is a emulator of z Mainframes
- by emulating P-Code, which is a (sort of) byte code for Pascal ... the P-Code (which is pure text, portable) is translated to a byte code representation before execution; static linking is also done in this stage

Bernd, is the dialect used by that compiler "standard" Pascal, UCSD Pascal, Turbo-compatible, or?

tnx.

g.

A short "language reference" (23 pages), which covers the differences to "standard" Pascal,
is available from this website: http://bernd-oppolzer.de/job9.htm
see the link on top of the page, just below the picture.

Thanks!  I'll take a peek at that.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007