Anthony Walter wrote:
Okay, I am going to call bullshit on you. This is the second time (in
a few weeks) where you've replied to something I've written with wrong
information.

This first time concerning  the topic "const records passed
incorrectly" you said, "It is nowhere written in the Delphi specs that
const parameters are passed by reference. It is often so, but is by no
means guaranteed"

That time I corrected you by pointing out the line in the help file
contradicting your assertion.

Do you mean this one?

"Using const allows the compiler to optimize code for structured- and
string-type parameters."

"Allows" is not the same as "forces". This line in the help file does not say that const parameters are passed by reference. It says that it may often be so, perhaps all current implementations make it so, but it is by no means guaranteed.

Frank