> A bug may show anytime anywhere, but the built in ref counted string
> types are AFAIK thread safe what concerns the ref count per se. I
> suspect a subtle flaw in the client code is more probable.

No, it is a compiler bug. The same code works 100% perfectly on
Windows using Delphi, as well as on Mac OS X using FPC 2.2. Starting
with FPC 2.4, it loses memory, which can be fixed by using

UniqueString

in a number of spots in the code. That is proof enough that the
compiler has a bug. I am trying to isolate it today by finding out
where exactly the UniqueString is necessary.

Kind Regards,
Tobias Giesen

"To avoid a reboot, make sure that no SuperFlexible or ExtremeSync
 processes are running in Task Manager before installing an update."

Super Flexible Software Ltd. & Co. KG
Lessingstr. 42
48485 Neuenkirchen, Germany
www.superflexible.com
www.tgtools.com

Registered at register court Steinfurt as HRA 5061
Liability / general partner: TGTools Ltd.
Company No. 05513299
Registered in England and Wales
Directors: Tobias Giesen and Claudia Giesen