On 26/10/2011 14:11, Jonas Maebe wrote:
On 26 Oct 2011, at 15:04, Martin wrote:
It may be bypassed, by some option, if ever required.

And also the fifth one.

FIFTH :On 26/10/2011 13:38, Jonas Maebe wrote:
This would require at least an exception for cross-architecture compiling, because that should always be started with a native compiler compiled from the same code base (a cross-build does not perform a full cycle, which is required for certain kinds compiler of changes to fully propagate in case we have to work around compiler bugs in earlier versions that are triggered by newly added compiler code).

Well, but isn't that an exception that is valid (and probably will always be valid) for any build? Or maybe I miss something.

To build trunk (or any revision) with a starting compiler, that is itself the same revision => I would expect that to work always?

At least that is my understanding, what happens, in the "make cycle" ? The starting compile is used to build a "current" compiler, which is then used to build itself again?