Den 03-02-2012 13:23, Koenraad Lelong skrev:
Hi,

I just had some time to look into this again.
I downloaded the latest 2.6.0 sources and mostly followed http://wiki.freepascal.org/TARGET_Embedded to make a crosscompiler. In /usr/lib/fpc/2.6.0 there is a ppcrossarm with a date of today when I run ppcrossarm -i.
But when I try
For anything arm-embedded, it would probably be a better idea to use the latest SVN version. Simply because arm-embedded is a much less used and tested branch, the functionality might be slower to get into releases. In SVN trunk the distinction between Cortex-M3 and ARMv7M is removed and everything has been changed to ARMv7M. This is why the wiki page only mentions ARMv7M.
fpc -Parm -Tembedded -Wplpc2124 -Cparmv7m

I get an error :

Error: ppcarm can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute "ppcarm", error code: 127

Is this expexted ? If yes, then the wiki should be updated.
No, fpc should be trying to call ppcrossarm(since you are crosscompiling, I guess. I suppose you don't work on an ARM host). I don't know why it doesn't do that in your case, might be related to the way it was originally built for your platform.
If it matters, I'm using OpesSuse 12.1.

Another thing that puzzles me : the wiki says to use SUBARCH=armv7m for cortex-m3. ppcrossarm -i says there are cpu instruction sets for
  ARMV3
  ARMV4
  ARMV5
  ARMV6
  ARMV7
  ARMV7M
  CORTEXM3
Should I use SUBARCH=cortexm3 to compile the compiler to use it with STM32-processors, which are cortex-m3 ? Or should I just compile the applications with -Cpcortexm3 ?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.