On 02/21/2012 03:18 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:59:18 -0500
Andrew Haines<andrewd...@aol.com>  wrote:

30% bigger than the size of the uncompressed html files?!
Yes.

does lazarus/docs/html/build_lcl_docs --outfmt chm work for you?
I get a 8mb lcl.chm file. if --outfmt html then the lcl folder has 74mb of html files.

Your chm file should not be bigger than the the uncompressed files unless you are writing only
a couple of tiny html files.

I attached the example.chm file that I made a couple of minutes ago
using chmmaker with the project in the example subfolder. Can you see if
it works for you? I opened it in lhelp and the toc, index and search
were all working.
Yes, that has a search. And it works.
I wonder, what you are doing different.

You said in another mail that you are writing the html files from memory. (You must have a good memory! ;) I guess then you are using AddStreamToArchive. FullTextSearch must be set before this is called because the files are scanned as you add them. Also AddStreamToArchive has a default parameter Compress: Boolean, are you setting this to false?

PostAddStreamToArchive should only be used inside code called from the OnLastFile callback.

Can you send me the non working example.chm?

Thanks

Andrew