I screwed up the quoting here, sorry. Jeff didn't write all below, I think
some of it was Mark.

On Wed, 09 May 2012 18:01:43 -0400 Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> And what, pray, is wrong with Slackware? :-)

Nothing :-) Once you Slack you never go back!

> Most of the SPARC systems around here are Debian (plus one each of
> Solaris 8 and 10), but I've got Slackware 12 IIRC on an E4500 since
> the Debian installer wouldn't work. Good machine for testing
> multithreaded stuff on account of the number of CPUs.

Hah! I didn't even think of that. I've been thinking it would be nice to
have a SPARC port of Slackware but it hasn't been maintained.

How many sockets do you have on your E4500?

> I don't think the OP meant he was running Slackware on Sun hardware,
> although maybe he (or she, I suppose) was. It seemed to me there were
> two mostly unrelated questions: 1) How to get FPC on Solaris? and 2) Why
> doesn't FPC work on his version of Slackware Linux.

Right. At the beginning I just wanted FPC for my Solaris boxes. Since the
current stable version wasn't available for Solaris or at least so I
thought until Ludo pointed me to the Intel versions, I decided to try it on
Linux. Then I found fp doesn't work on my Linux setup because of not having
a very recent glibc.

But yes, I'm hoping to get FPC working on Solaris SPARC now that I
have the copy for Solaris Intel. Thanks to all.