Al 16/08/2012 9:50, En/na Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, Marco van de Voort wrote:

If dynamic linking is so great, why do we constant, constantly have these
discussions and worse all these illadvised changes?

Because the problem is not in dynamic versus static.

We would have exactly the same discussions if they were statically linked.
Only it would be 'the app XYZ does not start, fails with library not
found'.
which would be a system message.

Static linking to me means the executable is self-contained and doesn't rely on any external libraries. Maybe you mean "static" as in "the executable has the dynamic library name hardcoded and it will be automatically loaded by ld instead of dynloading it explicitly"?

Bye
--
Luca