El 05/03/2013 11:23, Howard Page-Clark escribió:

The code that makes me wonder something is wrong is this one:

[...]

For me (win32, FPC 2.6.2) the output is identical (= "A") whether or not
Result in TheA() is initialised manually or not. Perhaps 2.7.1 has a
regression here if it differs for you?

Hello,

The problem is not the different behavior as it is or will be noted in documentation, the problem is the lack of warning of using a not initialized variable, so it is hard to fix code that works fine in 2.6.x and that could fail with Trunk.

Should I report a bug in Mantis about the warning ?