On 04/26/2013 08:58 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, silvioprog wrote:
>
>> I do not know where it would be used, it's just an observation hehe...
>
> Yes, but the above is what I mean with 'it does not make much sense'.
>
> I can easily add this - in fact I will do so, but with multiple sockets
> it is better to combine the waitfordata()

In blocking mode the select is vital if you want to do simultaneous read
and write on the same socket in the same thread. Otherwise you are
simply blocking the thread in a recv when nothing comes in or in a send
when the socket buffer is not empty. Note that select also returns when
an exception occurs.

Ludo