On 07/04/2013 03:55 PM, Luca Olivetti wrote:
Since the driver for prolific/ftdi usb to serial bridge (which is the one these adapters use) is in the kernel since, like, forever, it will work with any architecture.

I do know that there is a "standard" for how many USB-to-serial adapters work. But in fact I also know that some don't adhere to that.

In fact I only did a research on that for Windows. Here the "standard" driver by Microsoft works with many adapters, but it lacks some features (e.g. allowing the software to handle DSR/DTR). But e.g. the W&T devices come with their own driver that can do this. I don't know whether they also can work with the standard driver, if DSR/DTR are not necessary.

-Michael