Hi everyone,

Wait, I'm slightly confused.  It seems people are talking about two
different things:
1. Continuous memory as seen by the program running.
2. Actually physically contiguous memory.

It was my understanding that strings and dynamic arrays are allocated as a
single block, and thus from the program's point of view, their contents
should be continuous.  (Short strings certainly are!).
If the OS is using VM Mapping to convert two blocks of free memory into a
single block for your program, I assume that would affect an array of byte
just as much as a string.  (Am I missing something?)

Thank you,
    Noah Silva