On Thursday, April 24, 2014, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislag...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes. I'd therefore suggest that if people really want to have a 64 bit
> IDE, they should compile it themselves... (in other words, leave the
> current situation as is as it is much less likely to cause problems for
> newbies)

My feelings, too, except that people don't even need to compile themselves.
They can still go to SourceForge page and download from there.
BTW, that was the only way to download just a while ago. Only recently we
got the nice download button on the new webpage. It should provide as fail
safe choice as possible.

I plan to use the button tomorrow when updating Lazarus to my work machine.
It gives me nice feeling when things work smoothly. Now updating Lazarus is
very smooth thanks to the button and the high quality installer.

Juha