El 29/09/2014 a las #4, Reinier Olislagers escribió:

What I would like to know what is the cause of this problem - dlls being
loaded before some kind - what kind? - of initialization is complete?

Anyway, I'll keep digging; probably first looking at geting postgresql
support in anyway.

Hello,

You must not initialize dbengine in the Initialization section and must not finalize it in that place (maybe only as last chance) because initialization order and finalization order is undefined by fpc and finalization of your code could happen after the whole DB structure has been finished, so the call to "DBLayer.Free" could try to free an object controlled by an engine which is not loaded yet.