On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

Hi Graeme, I know you hate web stuff, but did you take a look at this?
http://www.zebkit.com/

Its something similar to your approach with fpGui, but using HTML5 Canvas, I'm
dreaming of seeing fpGui on the web, generated from FPC

Using the HTML5 canvas is IMHO the worst possible approach to programming the
web.
None of the regular browser features will work. Find does not work, accessibility does not work. Maybe good for graphical games, but for regular apps this is really the worst option.