I have read on the wiki and documentation that FreePascal does not have any
native support for socket handling, and that you need an external third party
library to have any support for it.

I want to write an IRC bot in FreePascal, but I need the ability to both make
outgoing connections to IRC servers or other bots of the same kind, as well as
accept incoming connections from other bots.

I'd prefer as straightforward TCP sockets support as I can get. Any advice
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and patience.