On 14/02/2016 09:11, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
For the record: with a few changes in the compiler I could reduce the execution time of the example significantly . But I won't commit it probably (maybe parts of it): extensive loop unrolling and loop invariant search has normally little advantages in real world programs and increases only compilation times.
Does that read
    (extensive loop unrolling) and (loop invariant search)
or
    extensive- (loop unrolling) and (loop invariant search)
That is, does fpc 3.0 do some none extensive loop invariant search or not?

How would the loop invariant affect this issue? http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=10275

I remember in the 1980ies that was one of the thinks people got taught to look out for and optimize themselves since compilers wouldnt. So back then it mattered.