I’m going to attempt to port a game to Android but I have some questions about
potential problems. Now at least I think building a library and loading using
the JNI would be best but using the JVM could be helpful also (the entire
project couldn’t be compiled though). Not sure which way is best or if they can
be mixed perhaps.

1) All the file I/O in the FPC RTL is not available so what possible work
arounds are there for loading data from files?

2) OpenGL functions are not available so how can I call into the Android
library? Callback wrappers perhaps?

3) I use ReadXMLFile from XMLRead but that uses file loading internally so is
there anyway to load XML on Android?

Since there are limitations with the JVM right now building a static library
seems easiest but if I can’t wrap what’s missing from the RTL and call from
Java there’s no way to get 1 and 2 working. Callbacks make sense here but I’m
not sure.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph