On Tue, 14 Feb 2017, fredvs wrote:

I hope that I will not annoy you anymore (but where to ask then).
On the contrary; I found it quite amusing. ;)

Yep, thanks Tim, I feel better now, I will continue to amuse you (and
Michael too, see follow) ;-)

... embarking on a mission to request a compiler extension. No more, no
less.

Yes and that mission is to adapt that un-liked "in" for something more
needed.

I propose this:

uses myunit in '../src/myunit.pas';  => like now, do not touch anything at
compiler.

uses myunit in '../src/';  => when no filename is defined but only a
directory, add this directory in search-path like it was -Fumyunit and
threat myunit like other units without "in".

Please simply use "{$unitpath }" or use a lazarus project or fpc.

If anything, I would like to see "in 'xyz';" removed from the compiler.
Definitely not expanded.