I had benchmark runs where it spend more time in the initializing function than doing any calculations

Best,
Benito

On 03/04/2017 06:41 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017, nore...@z505.com wrote:

On 2017-02-28 14:48, Jonas Maebe wrote:
On 28/02/17 21:40, nore...@z505.com wrote:
What happens with a stack allocated record?
(no new() required, nor dispose() so is the record ever
initialized/finalized?)

Yes, just like records that contain e.g. an ansistring field.

Jonas

do records which contain ansistring fields have some special stack initialization system (sorry, I should really read the source code in this case - still interested in theory of how this works)

Yes. They are initialized.