En Sat, 25 Mar 2017 02:32:33 -0600, Gary Doades <g...@gpdnet.co.uk> escribió:

Many thanks for your reply. I had read about UniDirectional and I have indeed tried this. It doesn't seem to make any significant difference. Looking through the source code for TBufDataset it looks like UniDirectional just turns off building various indexes/structures etc. and fetches the result set all in one go instead of 10 row chunks. It still buffers everything in memory.

From your original message one could think that you were using PacketRecords:=-1 which means fetch all records at once, but if you are using the standard setting, which is 10 and yet it is still fetching everything at once, it sounds like a bug to me.

Jesus Reyes A.