Il 30/03/2017 00:26, fredvs ha scritto:
Perfect, I have now all the arguments to defend the "Dinosaur Threading"
choice.

When I'm charged of not using the most cool and new technology, my favourite argument are the tombstones. They're made out of stone, which is a stone-age technology. But, as nothing more suitable has been found for that purpose, the stone-age technology survives. Up to now it turns out to be the most appropriate technology for that application.

The best course is always to pick up the most *appropriate* technology, as opposed to the one most *modern* or *fashionable*. There are applications where parallel computing is the best solution, and applications where parallel computing is useless.

My main line is on industrial process control. You must react in real-time to "events". A multi-threading approach, with threads activated by events, gives a performance which you can't achieve with any other technique. But if you attempt to apply our event-driven approach to optimize a matrix calculation you'll miserably fail.

Just my 2c

Giuliano