> On Apr 28, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Ryan Joseph <r...@thealchemistguild.com> wrote:
>
> I almost struck out there. ;) There’s at least a possibility for anyone
> interested. A few years ago I looked at the compiler source and decided it
> was beyond me to even understand the code base well enough to do anything.
> How do people get into this any ways? The learning curve is so steep it’s a
> miracle anyone is able to contribute.

I was looking at a Swift language guide (Apple’s new language) and they have
this exact same syntax for initializing structs (like a default constructor
that Pascal is missing).

From their guide “vga" is a struct with 2 fields: width and height. Swift uses
labels in functions (like Objective-C) but the end result is that it looks
identical to the Pascal syntax for defining constant records.

======

All structures have an automatically-generated memberwise initializer, which
you can use to initialize the member properties of new structure instances.
Initial values for the properties of the new instance can be passed to the
memberwise initializer by name:

var vga = Resolution(width: 640, height: 480)

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph