On 05/08/2017 04:49 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 8 May 2017 09:22:48 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

On 2017-05-08 04:26, nore...@z505.com wrote:
which is like a variable, but called a const ;-)

I'm slowly but surely loosing all hope for Object Pascal. The language
is becoming more and more mangled with every new release of
Delphi and FPC.

Was a typed const ever read only?

i used them all the time in my TP days... some i used at the end of the exe binary to store configuration data that changed based on registration or user settings...