On 2017-05-16 10:26, leledumbo via fpc-pascal wrote:
However i would like to be able to do a partial text search on the
strings, prefeably with a result as a list of matching string/object
pairs but getting an index to the first matching pair would be fine. The
match only has to be done from the first character of both strings, so a
complex solution like Regex search is not needed.

Google for prefix tree (or radix tree or trie) implementation. I believe
I've seen one in either Blaise Pascal Magazine or Pascal Gamer Magazine, the
topic is about building autocomplete combobox if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly... couldn't remeber the name of the trees... :)

thanks