Michael Van Canneyt wrote
> On Tue, 16 May 2017, fredvs wrote:
>
>> Michael Van Canneyt wrote
>>> What can be misunderstood about adding --gc-sections to the linker
>>> options if -XX is used on the command-line ?
>>
>> Ha, the way you present it seems to show that you did understand it ;-)
>>
>> OK, maybe is it time to add a feature request...
>
> Before filing a request, you can already check yourself what happens with
> form data if you compile a lazarus form into the library.
>
> Michael.

Huh, with all the respect that I have for LCL, I was never able to compile a
Lazarus form into library (even without --gc-sections or -XX) .
On the other side, with forms from fpGUI or MSEgui, no form data loosed
while compiling forms into library with --gc-sections.

PS: Re-huh, the libraries that I compile do not store form-data (even no
data at all).

Fre;D

-----
Many thanks ;-)