On Thu, 18 May 2017 08:40:43 -0700
Jon Foster <jon-li...@jfpossibilities.com> wrote:

> I limited run time to 10secs, and used "time" to verify actual run time.
> Here are the results, time output listed first and the first section of the
> gprof output without comments:
A little of topic but did gprof just work like it used to?
I remember last time I tried to profile with gprof I could not get it to work
and even asked about this on this list and was suggested alternatives.
Has there been something fixed or is it by chance that it works?

> The code that is slow appears to be all standard floating point and integer
> math
AFAIK floating point math is done using the extended type (as the gprof output
shows) and there are no optimizations for single or double.
Correct me if I am wrong.

R.