On 27/05/17 10:20, Ryan Joseph wrote:
On May 27, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markmll.fpc-pas...@telemetry.co.uk>
wrote:> > someFunction(TPoint(X:0.0; Y:0.0));> > Pascal purists would probably object
to that style, since what it's effectively doing is passing the parameters as an explicit list.
I mentioned this form of “default constructor" as a sorely missing feature in
FPC a couple weeks ago. Making redundant constructors for records constantly is
pretty silly. If I could figure out the compiler code I would add this myself since
it’s probably one of the easier things to implement.

End of last month actually, I checked :-)

I was on the periphery of that discussion, since I thought I needed something similar (but turned out not to). But you might have noticed some of the APLisms that I horrify Sven with on occasion...

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk