Hi,
I will check it but the app really runs fine now after changing only
FpFtruncate, and
also FppRead and FppWrite (which nobody seems to use anyway). These are the
occurrences of {$ifdef FPC_ABI_EABI}.

I think the only problem is with fpmake, which doesn't include FPC_ABI_EABI for
powerpc 32-bit processors.

My use case is running my software on a Synology DS-413 NAS, which has a PowerPC
processor. It's only a few years old. Nowadays they use only Intel and ARM.

For old times' sake I will also release it for Mac OS / ppc.

Cheers,
Tobias

----

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 14:55:41 +0100 (CET)
mar...@stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> In our previous episode, Tobias Giesen said:
> > I just filed a bug report about FpFtruncate passing the parameters
> > incorrectly to the
> > system. For example, setting a file size to $D would cause the file to have
> > the size
> > $D 0000 000D. Apparently the conditional define FPC_ABI_EABI would fix it,
> > but what
> > other impact does it have?
> >
> > I wonder which other system calls might be affected? My application seems
> > to work
> > fine except for this function.
> >
> > https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32772
>
> I replied. Roughly anything with an 64-bit argument, (typically off_t) most
> notably mmap.

Kind Regards,
Tobias Giesen

Super Flexible Software Ltd. & Co. KG
Buddenstr. 29-31
48143 Münster, Germany
www.superflexible.com
www.tgtools.com

Registered at register court Münster as HRA 9716
Liability / general partner: TGTools Ltd.
Company No. 05513299
Registered in England and Wales
Directors: Tobias Giesen and Claudia Giesen