I guess you already noticed the book of the master himself: Nicklaus Wirth

https://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/CompilerConstruction/index.html

Its revised 2017 (!) based on Oberon.

Afaik one of the first editions was based on Pascal.

Markus

Am 01.01.2018 um 19:17 schrieb Yves Cloutier:
Hi there,

I'd be interested to know if any modern compilers have been written in Pascal (other than the Pascal Compiler).

It's unfortunate that that most Pascal books out there are rather dated.  I did recently purchase

  Compiler Engineering Using Pascal (by Capon)

https://www.amazon.ca/Compiler-Engineering-Using-Pascal-Capon/dp/0333471555/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514829567&sr=8-1&keywords=Compiler+Engineering+Using+PASCAL

And look forward to getting it in my mailbox.

I also have Brinch Hansen on Pascal Compilers. I did have another book on writing a compiler using pascal but it was using some framework which I was not able to find.

Another great book I have is Introduction to Compiler Construction by Thomas Parsons, but I was not able to follow it all the way through.

My interest for the moment is more for creating a DSL that scans, parses then generates Groff as its target code.

After gaining some experience with the process I would like to venture into writing a transpiler for something like SETL -> Pascal or Oberon -> Pascal.  There are other interesting older languages too like BCPL that could be used as the source language.  Implementing Icon in Pascal would be interesting as well as its implementation is extremely well documented in the book "Implementing Icon and Unicon" by Clinton Jeffery

I find the Pascal compiler to be really fast and the fact that it is available for so many platforms is very appealing.