Den 2018-03-30 kl. 05:54, Mr Bee <pak.le...@yahoo.com>wrote:
Hi,
These days, most modern programming languages have its own logo. The logo becomes a
"brand", a unique visual identity for the language. It also acts as a
"trademark", a recognizable image for the language. It also helps the community to have a
single visual identity to distinguish them from other programming communities. I've seen it with
many other communities, such as Swift, Python, Kotlin, etc.
Unfortunately, I don't see Pascal language –especially Free Pascal– to have a such logo.
Yes, I know the FPC's official site got a running cheetah (a .gif file) named as logo.
But, I don't think an animated picture is appropriate to be used as a logo. A logo should
be simple, unique, recognizable and "iconizable" image.
So, I propose a new logo for Free Pascal. It's a simple cheetah's head. The
proposed logo in various sizes (for icon) can be looked at here:
https://pak.lebah.web.id/fpc/ I also attach the logo as a .png file, in case
someone can't open my website.
If this proposal is accepted, perhaps it's time to rework the official FPC's
website, using the new logo. It's time to make Pascal looks more modern,
because it looks pretty old today. I also think the Lazarus' logo can be made
better, but that's another discussion for another time.
What do you think?

The logo is very good, and well connected to the tradtion set by the animated gif. The alternative would be to use a frame of the animation, or similar sideways cheetah, but scaled up so it can have different resolutions. But the head is more compact, which speaks in its favor.

I am not sure how bit the *need* is but it doesn't hurt to have an official still image logo.

/Ingemar