On 4/16/2019 4:46 AM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
Are there plans to merge some windows?

Like here (best solution):
https://cdn.portableapps.com/GeanyPortable.png

Because I think it is no more up to date.
I don't know any other Software that uses so many windows across the whole
desktop. It would be more userfriendly to merge at least the main window with
the code window. So that on top of the code window there are the buttons of
the main window. Also the output window could be one tab of the search window.

I seriously hope that this NEVER becomes a default setting for Lazarus.

Anyone who seriously develops software, specially desktop applications, is/should be using at least two (better 3 monitors). And the "many" different windows allow easily to spread those out to those various screens as needed. One screen has the source code and associated windows, the second one the debugging windows, and the third one has the actually tested application screen.

Something like this would be a major PITA with those stupid docked windows. That's only something that makes sense for someone who's tinkering along on a laptop or such...

Ralf

---