Am 26.06.2019 um 23:36 schrieb Ryan Joseph:

On Jun 26, 2019, at 3:28 PM, Ben Grasset <operato...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think Ryan probably meant his own custom types. And certainly, you can do
some interesting stuff with operator overloading that mostly avoids the normal
AnsiString overhead. Here's an example.
Yes indeed. FPC already has an overwhelming amount of string types. As I said
though a SetCapacity option for growing would be nice (for dynamic arrays also)
because += is such a common operation. As it stands I often don’t use dynamic
arrays (and now ansistring) because of growing limitations, which is a shame
really.
No. That would mean an additional entry in the metadata of strings and arrays and those are already big enough in my opinion compared to the data they're handling. If one needs capacity based handling for these types then one should use helper types.

Regards,
Sven