Mgr. Janusz Chmiel <janusz.chm...@volny.cz> schrieb am Sa., 3. Aug. 2019,
11:48:

> Many of advanced users and developers have tried PPCJVM. It is really
> possible to create fully functioning Android applications. And because
> it is even possible to access methods from previously compiled .jar
> files including Mysql.jar and others, Pascal language have very big
> potential.
> But it has a very remarkable hook.
> Latest JDK for WIndows from Oracle do not support old versions of Apache
> ANT, so it is not possible to build .dex files from classes, which have
> been previously generated by using PPCJVM.
> So The future or Pascal compilation to .dex fomrat is severely
> disadvantaged. Because old JDK 7 X release can produce .dex files and
> only specific versions of Android build tools.
> So The reality is, that PPCJVM can produce reliable classes, but there
> is not too much projects, which can convert those .class files to dex
> format.
> Does somebody of you know about The solution to this issue?
> I Am afraid, that this situation can lead to The fact, that PPCJVM will
> not support ANDROID target JVM for too long times. If something positive
> will not happen to generate while using newest JRE and JDK.

Hmm? The important part of converting the .class files to classes.dex is
the dx utility which is part of the Android toolchain. Apache ANT is only a
build system like Make or Gradle (which seems to be /the/ hype for Android
development). My first PPCJVM Android app I even built without any build
scripts completely by hand (see here:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM_Android_Development#Building_an_Android_application
). The process might be a bit more involved nowadays, but in principle it
will still be the same.

TL;DR: the compiler is not the problem. But maybe the build chain needs to
be adjusted.

Regards,
Sven